D.C. and Avery discuss naughty words in fiction: when to use them, when is it too much, and why would you want to swear in your writing?
CORRECTION: Apparently Avery does not remember the difference between Babylon 5 and Battlestar Galactica but in our defense, that drink was pretty strong. :D
- The Echo Maker, by Richard Powers
- Imbibe! by David Wondrich
- Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption, by Stephen King
- American Gods, by Neil Gaiman
Drink for this episode:
- 2.5oz Sour Mix
(can buy premade, but I used the homemade recipe below)
- .75oz Huckleberry Syrup
- 1oz Italicus Bergamot Liqueur
- 1oz Tequila (Blanco)
- 1 cup of ice
- Combine all in a blender
- Blend well
- Pour into a coupe or margarita glass
Homemade Sour Mix Recipe
- 1/2c water
- 1/2c sugar
- 1/2c lemon juice
- 1/4c lime juice
- Heat water and sugar until sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
- While syrup cools, squeeze juice and strain into a bottle using a fine mesh strainer.
- Combine cooled syrup and juice in a bottle, shake well.
- Will last 1-2 weeks refrigerated. Can add a little bit of vodka to make it last up to a month in the fridge.