Tuesday Feb 07, 2023
Ep077: Off the Rails with Bendi Barrett!
In one of our most unhinged episodes, Avery and D.C. sit down with author Bendi Barrett to discuss pen names, writing interactive fiction, the utter satisfaction of tearing dot matrix paper, and the best chapstick flavor.
Find out more about Bendi and his work here, or follow him on Twitter.
Other items mentioned:
- Bar Cart Bookshelf on Twitter
- Bar Cart Bookshelf Recipe: "The Rapacious" Cocktail
- 6-7 dark sweet cherries (frozen are ok)
- 1oz vodka
- 1oz dark chocolate liqueur, not a cream liqueur though
(I used Godiva, but Mozart would also be good)
- 1.5oz fig liqueur
- 1oz benedictine DOM
- 2-3 hefty dashes angostura bitters
- Muddle cherries in a shaker.
- Add other ingredients with ice, shake very thoroughly, then double-strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- If desired, garnish with luxardo cherries on a cocktail pick.
by Elias Eells of Bar Cart Bookshelf:
- 1 oz blackstrap rum
- .5 oz apricot liqueur
- .5 oz orgeat
- 1 oz heavy cream
- Sprinkle nutmeg for garnish
Add all ingredients to your shaker, then ice. Shake for 10-15 seconds, until chilled. Strain into a stemmed cocktail glass and garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.