Avery and D.C. discuss the classic writing advice "Show, Don't Tell" while revising an old snippet of Avery's writing and enjoying some old-fashioned cocktails. Plus, everything is better with pizza.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- The Emotion Thesaurus by Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi
Drink Pairing: Writer's Tears Old Fashioned
- 2.5oz Writer’s Tears Copper Pot Whiskey
- 1.5 tsp brown sugar syrup
- Dash angostura bitters
- Orange peel
- Luxardo cherry (for garnish)
- Add syrup and bitters in a rocks glass and stir well.
- Add a large ice cube, then pour in whiskey and stir well to dilute.
- Spritz orange peel over the top and drop peel into glass.
- Garnish with luxardo cherry.